Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 Days of THANKS!

It's NOVEMBER and it's been stirrin' in me to share my GRATITUDE for the ABUNDANT blessings in my life. With the Thanksgiving season among us, why not go along with the fad and join in on the craze that seems to be invading the ever populated social network nation. I know I'm a day late and dollar short (whatever that even means) but hey...

DAY 1: HEALTH


In a world where it seems around every corner, cancer is striking our friends and family...where sickness seems to always be 'going around'...where people are called more by the doctors diagnosis than their actual name...I AM SO THANKFUL for my health. 

Say what you will about the 'flu shot' but I NEVER get the flu shot and I've NEVER had the flu. To think of it, the last time I had a cold was last December.  And that's because I was moving in the dead of winter and slept in a new apartment with no heat (duh...not smart). I've gone this whole year without getting sick....I think that's something to be grateful for!!  Besides my first 24 hour food poisoning experience earlier this year...I hadn't even puked since I was a little kid. 

With illness so prevalent throughout our society, I can't help but be so very aware of how blessed I am. I chalk it up to Proverbs 23:7, "As a man thinks, so he is".  I believe this to be true. If you think you're going to get sick...WATCH OUT, it'll happen. If you FEAR the bug that's 'goin around'....GUESS WHAT?! I choose to remain in the confidence that I am healthy and whole, lacking nothing. And when a sore throat makes its way in, I use my God-given brain and take necessary precautions...drink tea, suck on lozenges and rest my voice.  

I don't ACCEPT that it's just 'that time of year'. Eat healthy, take care of your body, REST and stand on God's Word. If it works for me...there's no reason why it can't work for you :)




No comments: